Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has launched a Student Direct Stream (SDS) to make processing times faster for students from India, China, Vietnam, and the Philippines. Students from those countries who can satisfy a series of criteria encompassing language skills and financial resources will benefit from faster processing times. Students who don’t satisfy the requirements of the expedited program can still apply through the regular study permit application. The SDS complements Canada’s Express Entry system for skilled immigrants, IRCC explained in a statement, and these students will be “well placed” to proceed on to permanent residence and Canadian citizenship after they finish their studies.
Benefits of studying in Canada
- You will have several options to choose from: big or small universities and small-town or city universities.
- Students can enjoy an active and varied lifestyle in this beautiful country, along with great health-care benefits, and the thing that Canada is most known for – politeness of the locals.
- Students will have incredible opportunities to meet like-minded people and gain valuable international student experience through student clubs and organisations.
- Visa requirements in Canada
There are three academic intakes at the institutions in Canada: fall, winter and summer. Fall lasts from September to December, winter lasts from January to April and summer lasts from May to August. Though fall is the primary intake in most colleges, some colleges do offer a winter intake.
International students are advised to apply at the earliest, as scholarships and admissions get more and more competitive closer to the deadline. A typical application deadline would be 6 to 9 months before your session starts, and it can vary depending on each department and the subject of choice. Though deadlines are not flexible, except for diploma programmes, some institutions might accept students if seats are available.
Students can choose from a number of study programmes –
- Certificate or diploma (One or two years)
- Advanced diploma (Two or three years)
- Undergraduate (three or four years)
- Postgraduate (two years)
- PhD (four or five years with dissertation)
Some popular courses at the undergraduate level are engineering and administrative studies and at the postgraduate level are management, finance, MBA/MIM, MS and LLB degrees.
Cost of studying in Canada
The price tag for higher studies in Canada is roughly half compared with other leading study destinations. Tuition fees vary from institution to institution. On average, students will have to shell out CAD 11,000–30,000 (INR -6 to 15 lakhs) per year.
Annual living expenses will depend on the living location you prefer and the type of accommodation that suits you, i.e., private, homestay or on-campus accommodation.
International students can work part time for 20 hours per week – generally the first six months on campus and off campus post this period. Some universities with more intensive courses allow their students to work for nearly 12 hours since working for more hours can affect their students' performance.
International students can apply for work permit post their studies, which gives them the opportunity to work in the country for a three-year period.
The following steps outline the process of applying for a study permit in Canada.
Step 1: Understand the Visa process
Step 2: Collate visa documents
Your Aliff Overseas counsellor will support you to collate documents in support of your application for a study permit to Canada. The general sets of documents you will require for your study permit application comprises:
- Passport-size photographs
- Unconditional letter of acceptance
- Fees receipt (recommended)
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Any relevant correspondence with the institution
- Financial documents
- Academic documents
- Test scores
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Medical report (if already undertaken).
Step 3: Check provincial guidelines
Step 4: Submit application (online through IRCC website or paper submission at VFS offices for Canada)
Request a call from us and get FREE guidance from our experts today! call us on 9987099890 Or register on our website:- http://www.aliffoverseas.com