Going Abroad for Higher Studies after 12th Grade? The best study options after your 12th Grade, which are available abroad, are featured in this article.
Traditionally, students from India choose to study their undergraduate programme in India, work for a couple of years, gain experience and then go abroad for a postgraduate degree. This trend has changed in recent years, as easy access to education loans has prompted a rise in the number of students opting to study an undergraduate programme abroad, right after they complete their 12th Grade.Not just full-time undergraduate programmes there are a number of summer school programmes, vocational and technical training courses that can be studied abroad after completing 12th Grade.
As you plan the next stage of your academic life, you may be considering studying abroad. Traditionally, Indian students used to complete their undergraduate degree domestically and then pursue postgraduate options abroad. However, year on year, we have witnessed a steady rise in the number of candidates who pursue their studies abroad. Not only are students looking at full-time undergraduate degrees, but they are also exploring other options including summer school, vocational programs, semester abroad etc to build on their knowledge and skills. Here are a few essential facts to help you decide what’s best for you:
Why Study Abroad?
Indian youth are more open than ever to explore the wide gamut of experiences that study abroad offers. The factors that appeal most to students include:
- Par excellence educational environment with world class infrastructure, eminent faculty and unlimited resources.
- A holistic learning experience that taps on academic as well as extracurricular potential of students and focuses on shaping future global citizens.
- An interface that facilitates personal and professional bonding across cross-cultural community and a diverse group of peers and professors
What are the best study abroad locations for undergraduate programs?
You have a wide spectrum of geographies to choose from when exploring study abroad options including favored destinations like the USA and upcoming locations including New Zealand and Germany. Let’s look at some of the most popular places students fly to:
- USA: USA offers a conducive learning atmosphere. It’s home to the 8 Ivy League universities and other top- notch institutions that provide students with a treasure trove of experiences. A dynamic ambience, vibrant campus life and competitive educational culture makes USA a top study abroad destination.
- UK: It is one of the oldest and most prestigious educational centres in the world. You’ll receive superlative academic grounding, learn from eminent scholars and academicians and be part of a rich heritage.
- Singapore: Not too far from home, yet providing all international educational opportunities, Singapore is now gaining popularity with Indian students aspiring to study abroad.
- Canada: Easy availability of visas coupled with exclusive benefits provided to international students and world class universities makes Canada a popular study abroad choice.
- Australia: Australia boasts of renowned universities, peaceful environment and learner-centric educational system and is one of the most sought-after countries for higher education.
What are the prerequisites for studying abroad?
Foreign institutions emphasize greatly on your overall performance in both academic and non-academic fields. Make sure to craft a well-rounded profile to highlight your versatility and unique talent. If you are aspiring for top colleges in the USA they look at your achievements from class 9 onwards and need sandardized tests like SAT/ACT. Generally, English proficiency tests like IELTS/TOEFL along with your transcripts, resume/CV, essays/statements of purpose are the basic requirements for colleges abroad. For non-academic courses, you must have proof of a certain level of English proficiency and any prior work experience/internship. As you start with your application, go through details pertaining to other crucial aspects like financial resources, scholarship options etc. Check college websites and correspond with various institutions to be aware of the latest updates and announcements.
What is the best option for me?
Ask yourself why you want to go abroad for higher studies. Analyse what triggers your aspiration. Are you eying a specific course to learn unique skills, do you want to attend your dream college or experience an international study ambience? If you want to pursue a course, find out if your interests and capabilities are attuned to it and what career prospects it might offer ahead in future. Likewise, if you are targeting a college, check out what courses it offers, how well it coordinates career opportunities and finally whether it caters to your needs and talent.
Before you take a call on studying abroad, you must analyse your strengths and weakness, your interests and needs and your career goal. Once you understand your priorities, you can decide your direction towards studying abroad. Relax, introspect, do your homework and set forth on an enriching journey. All the best!
At Aliff Overseas Consultant we offer a full suite of study abroad counselling services:
- Course and university selection
- Academic profile evaluation
- Submission of admission applications
- Visa application assistance, visa-counselling and mock-interviews
- IELTS/TOEFL training
- Pre-departure guidance and assistance in terms of private accommodation recommendations in select countries.
Request a call from us and get FREE guidance from our experts today! or call us on 9987099890 Or register on our website:- http://www.aliffoverseas.com